Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sites to Seek; Hypnosis Links

First, a quick update on how I'm doing with my hypnosis CD's. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and get routine blood work done once every 3 months. Last week it came back that I am anemic (iron deficiency), which is pretty common for people with an autoimmune illness like myself, but I want to make an experiment out of this too. So I am going back to using the "healing guided imagery" CD in Dr. Weil's Mind Body Tool Kit because it had healing suggestions, including increased blood flow and healthy blood cell formation. I go back in to retest my blood work for iron levels next week and I am curious if my levels will increase with the help of the CD.
Now onto helpful and useful tips and links about hypnosis:

Free hypnosis scripts. You can record your own voice, which works great for self hypnosis, using these scripts for ideas and guidelines. http://www.choosehypnosis.com/scripts.htm
Related to this, is self-hypnosis MP3 downloads. This is super convenient and sites like Amazon have them- very easy to find.

Milton Erickson is the godfather and one of the founders of mainstream hypnosis. Ericksonian hypnosis scripts are the best and most useful- far above and beyond others. They are clear, thoughtful, unique, and I hate to say this, for fear of scaring anyone off, but there is a lot of wordplay invloved that tricks you into learning lesson or breaking a habit. Sometimes just reading them can make you reflect deeply on certain issues you need to resolve. These links include books- some I have read and recommend.



This link will take you to "Hypnodude" a username of an individual who is well-versed in everything hypnosis. I have been following his article site for quite some time and there are other useful articles on related topics such as Reikki. http://hubpages.com/profile/hypnodude scroll to find hypnosis articles.

Other good sites:

The 2 products I have used for my self hypnosis experiments:

One last note on the products I used; Dr. Weil's is spoken by a man. Some people, including myself, prefer a woman's voice for relaxation. The other product is a great starter kit- book and general relaxation hypnosis CD- not too expensive either. However, another consideration is the speaker, a woman, but she has a strong English accent. Take your preferences into consideration before purchasing a self-hypnosis CD. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment