Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Simple Buzz

This is almost my third week using a self-hypnosis tape for healing and relaxation. This last week I started a new cd because the other one was difficult. Let me explain that, I felt like I was working when I should be relaxing. My last post I said the cd involves healing statements and suggestions even down to the cellular level, but it became labor intensive. I did not feel relaxed and since my only chance to listen to the cd is at night, I would rather listen to something relaxing before bed. I just got a simple cd to guide me into my happy place and let me veg out in lala land- isn't that what we all want to do, legally of course.

So here's what's cool about hypnosis. Any of you who may be anxious or doubtful about trying it. My first time, and sometimes now and then this still happens, it feels like being buzzed off good wine or even a little "drugged". It is a great, relaxing feeling.

Another interesting tidbit I've learned about hypnosis is you get to know what is causing your issues. For example, you want to lose weight so you go purcahse a weight loss hypnosis cd or any weight loss product and it may not help. Why? Because your weight isn't really your problem, maybe it is stress, anxiety, abuse, etc. So if you have a weight problem or even an illness (as in my case) don't go buy products aimed at that- self hypnosis works on a subconscious level and even an illness stems from that level. I figure by dropping the healing cd and doing the relaxation cd instead, I will be working on the cause (stress) of my illness and not the illness itself.

Today's Lesson: I think it's counterproductive to concentrate and work on our issues, but helpful to work on the cause of our issues. Sometimes we need to take several steps backwards and figure out the cause but it is easier to do that once we give up focusing on the problem itself. Stress is sually the culprit of a lot of issues that plague people. Hypnosis is a cure and really easy too- you must commit for 30 days at least and listen to the cd once a day- that's it.

We'll see how it works out...see you next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment