Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mind Control Never Felt So Good

This week, being my 5th with 3 more to go for the hypnosis segment of my experiment then moving onto meditation, I've suddenly noticed a remarkable difference since using hypnosis tapes. I sleep better, have more energy, and most of all I am able to control my stress level in the middle of something stressful. Whether I'm in an argument with my husband or worrying about my health problems, I've been able to pause and automatically take a time out to go to my happy place and speak calming words to myself. I immediately feel tension slip away from my body and my nerves begin to calm.
A particularly cool line mentioned in my hypnosis tapes was "you are doing something by doing nothing, giving yourself permission to do nothing". How great is that? People aim to be or would claim to accidentally be way to busy all the time. I personally think we don't know how to do nothing anymore. Who sits down and does nothing- nobody. People will turn on the TV, eat a snack, call or text a friend, get on the laptop, but do nothing? Nope, their always doing something. We even jam pack our vacation schedules- so when does anyone do nothing? Going back to the aforementioned hypnosis line, it gives someone a new perspective- we are doing something by doing nothing. Too philosophical for you, maybe you're not ready to do nothing, but I guarantee it feels so good.
Those are my tips and my "findings" for this week. Maybe just try to do nothing some time this week. It sounds silly, but it might take some practice.
Next week I will post links, etc to all the helpful products (hypnosis tapes) I've used and aything else I found to be helpful concerning hypnosis.

2 comments:

  1. I have done nothing, I need to for my own therapy and it works. I concentrate on a space and allow my mind to wash everything away. Sometimes it works, but it is a good feeling when you come out of it.
    (thanks for your comment about my book, needed that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zac~ I love your writing and a book about pirates and princess is great! My daughter is 3 and she equally loves both those character types.
    So you meditate it sounds like- allowing your mind to wash everything away. everyone needs to incorporate that time into their lives. Problem is people are so busy they don't realize they're missing it. I like hypnosis because my mind is constantly busy and hypnosis takes my mind to a happy place where I don't have to think about anything.
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete