Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Everyone's Excuse

I'm just like everyone else who says "I'm too busy". I swore, after being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis that I would not make myself too busy again. My theory about illnesses, at least part of how I got RA, is overextending myself in every aspect of life. It's not enough that I'm a wife, mother, daughter, worker, blogger, friend, but add to that a need to be a perfectionist.

Yep, I swore off all this chaos and decided to begin my self-help journey only to be right where I started 3 months ago- doing too much and not taking care of myself. Isn't that everyones' excuse about not taking care of themselves. "I don't have the time!" How do you get everyone else to accept how important you are, enough to demand time to help yourself and be healthy and happy? Everyone is overextending themselves so we hate to see anyone being happy or having leisure time.

There is a reason for my ramble. Needless to say, I've taken the last couple of weeks off from meditating. You see, meditation is time away from other people, mainly my 3 yr old. Well, that's impossible. She always needs something and I seem to be the only one who can give it to her. In other words, 3 years after my daughter's birth, it is still hard to get away and a big part of my stress. I haven't been away from her more than about 3 hours since she was born.

Well I hope to back on track with my meditation. I resumed it tonight and it was nice, but made it hard to go back to chaos right afterward.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you have got RA/I have knee trouble and it is a real pain.I like your blogs.Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Kathryn for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete